Skip to Content

12 responses to “How to Navigate All the Feels: First Day of School”

1. Ivanna says:

Amen. There are so many emotions on the first day. My kids are in High school and middle school. I think about how fast time is going. I also worry about them and what they are exposed to every day. I have learned to give them over to God like I give everything else and trust Him to take care of them just like he does me!

2. Rebecca says:

This was the perfect thing to read as I send my kindergartner off to school. What a great reminder about where our hearts and minds should be!

• Katie says:

Glad it was an encouragement, Rebecca! It is so easy to lose our focus when our emotions take over! Prayers for you and your precious kindergartner this school year!

3. Summer says:

I have experienced many of those negative feelings not just on the first day of school but throughout the year! Lived this: “Instead of simply being compelled to love our families well, we feel overcome with guilt and discontentment.”

• Katie says:

Summer, it really is so difficult for us to keep all of those emotions in check, isn’t it? And you’re right- not just on the first day of school but all of the time! I’m trying to learn the art of “taking every thought captive” one day at a time.

4. Ann says:

I love this!

5. Susan says:

Good advice! Our emotions can get out of control so quickly when we start listening to Satan instead of focusing on Jesus!

• Katie says:

Thanks, Susan! The whole “taking every thought captive” thing is huge! It is so easy to let Satan trip us up with out of control emotions.

6. Sarah @ In Pleasant Places says:

Even has a homeschooling mother, I can have the same sort of feelings! I love what you said: Keep our eyes firmly on Jesus. Thank you for encouraging mothers in Jesus! Coming by Salt + Light link-up x

• Katie says:

Thanks for your encouragement, Sarah! I think this must be universal, no matter how your kids are schooled. It is a daily battle to keep our emotions in check for sure. Trying to keep my eyes on Jesus each day!